Re: Why Debian's webpages aren't DFGS-free ?

On Feb 02, Joey Hess wrote:
> I brought this up on debian-www some time back, and I thought we agreed to
> change it to something free.
>
> I am rather pissed off that my work on the web pages (DWN) continues to go
> out under this license. If something isn't done soon, I may move future
> issues, and keep the copyright, rahter than assigning to SPI as I have done
> so far. Sigh.

The solution seems rather obvious:

Don't assign the copyright and use your own license.

I can't see a problem with putting pages on the web site that have a
less restrictive license than the SPI copyright.  As a matter of fact,
there can't be a problem, because the web site hosts documents under
the GPL and other licenses.

Chris
|        Chris Lawrence        |             The Linux/m68k FAQ             |
|   <quango@watervalley.net>   |   http://www.linux-m68k.org/faq/faq.html   |
|     Open Directory Editor    |   Visit the Lurker's Guide to Babylon 5:   |
|       http://dmoz.org/       |   <*> http://www.midwinter.com/lurk/ <*>   |