Re: update of the security page

On Fri, Dec 08, 2000 at 05:58:17PM -0500, Michael Stone wrote:

> The apt line is what I'm talking about. The structure of the security
> site has changed for every release, and apt lines have not been
> portable. Maybe we've finally hit upon a formula that we'll keep, but
> I'd prefer to watch that happen before advertising it.

If we do nothing, the deb line needs to change with every release.
If we change potato -> stable, then there is a small chance the
url will need to be changed sometime in the future.

I don't see the problem.

I'm not going to push any more after this mail, but I waste^Wspend a
lot of time fixing bad urls, etc on the web site (especially around
release time) so use generic links whenever possible.

--
James (Jay) Treacy
treacy@debian.org