Re: .GIF on www.debian.org/logos

Laurent Pelecq:

> Debian should have been the first .gifs free site in the world (maybe
> after burnallgifs.org). Kde has been removed from the distribution
> because of incompatible open source licenses and we use a patented
> format.

Seems like a purely philosophical question. Especially since not all
the GIFs available on the website were created in countries were
algorithms creating GIFs were patented, and the format in itself is
*not* patented, nor is the algorithm that decodes them.

--
\\//
peter - http://www.softwolves.pp.se/

  Statement concerning unsolicited e-mail according to Swedish law:
  http://www.softwolves.pp.se/peter/reklampost.html