lots of unneeded  s in our templates' define-tags

Hi,

Why do we need so many non-breaking-spaces in the tags? There's not much
point in e.g. defining MENUWIDTH to have a fixed width for the right column
of the front page, then. IMHO they just make the templates harder to read.

They don't have any effect on `whitespace=delete' option of <define-tag>,
although it would seem logical they would... mp4h doesn't delete single
spaces with that option.

May I replace &nbps;s with plain spaces?