Re: my first try on changing the design of web site front page

On Sun, Sep 24, 2000 at 07:44:24PM +0200, Jordi Mallach wrote:
> > It's the color of the dot above "debian" in the logo image. Also, the only
> > color I thought would fit with the rest... what other do you think would be
> > better?
>
> Depending on the rest of the layout :) Red links are a bit too "agressive".
> Maybe I'm too used to the traditional blue for links.

I see your point...

> Also, that yellowish background in the left table with the white
> background in the other boxes and the bluish background in the borders
> make a strange mixture.

Er, what bluish background in the borders? I don't see that. My browser is
links^Wnetscape 4.5.

> > Oh, right, mised that part. Where do you suggest I put it?
>
> I'd say at the left side of the Debian image, as always.

OK. BTW I had to make it a transparent GIF -- I wish it could be a PNG.

> > I also didn't know where to put the server picking drop-list...
>
> I have no problem with the current location. I think placing it at the
> bottom of either box would work as well.

I didn't put it in the bottom of the right column because it enlarged it.
Drop-lists and other form elements look quite ugly in Motif. :/