Re: Test search engine

On Fri, Sep 08, 2000 at 04:43:05PM +1100, Craig Small wrote:
> G'day,
>   I'm not sure if i mentioned this, but I'm testing udmsearch on master.
> I looks quite nice and has plenty of features.  Currently the version
> sitting there does not select on language (though the DB does it),
> I have a patched version running on my home system that does to
> language selection.
>
> For the double-byte character guys there some bad news, it apparently
> doesn't handle these yet.
>
> URL is http://master.debian.org/~csmall/search/search.php
> Have a go and look around on it.
>
>   - Craig

all default settings, entered "mandb" and got:

Warning: PostgreSQL query failed: pqReadData() -- read() failed: errno=9 Bad file
descriptor in db_func.inc on line 125

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid PostgreSQL result resource in db_func.inc
on line 87
			An error occured!

Query error: SELECT count(*) FROM stopword WHERE word='mandb'
pqReadData() -- read() failed: errno=9 Bad file descriptor

--

seemed to happen to any ssearch term i entered, including
apt-get, corel, storm, bill gates, whatever-the-heck,

BUT for "is there a god" i got a listing of the first 20 of 480 found!
(Search results: is: stopword; there: stopword; god: stopword; looking for: a; )

very interesting. seems kinda agnostic, if you ask me.

(i tried it twice and couldn't duplicate it... maybe someone was
cranking behind-the-scenes...?)