Re: more on lists.debian.org scripts

On Mon, Aug 28, 2000 at 09:26:27PM -0500, Cesar Mendoza wrote:
> > You can now replace the old scripts with
> > the new ones. Please do it step by step, keep the old files somewhere, and
> > test your changes thoroughly before removing old files. See the
> > /org/lists.debian.org/README file, I've updated it a bit.
>
> For what I saw on /org/lists.debian.org/, the scripts for lists-archives
> are simmilar but not compatible, so any change is going to have to be done
> on the actual scripts

The placement of files is different, at least.

Considering how there aren't any major bugs in the current files, maybe
there's no need to rush the change.

> > The updatemail script keeps failing (it is run from my crontab) with the
> > message below. I think it's due to the fact that I can't write to most files
> > in /org/lists.debian.org/www/debian-user-0008/ directory, but I'm not sure.
>
> For what I saw, all the files still belong to maor and they are a lot of
> them that are read-only for debwww. So this problem will go away when the
> permissions are fixed.

Yes.

In the meantime, updatemail seems to be working fine.

> > The warnings about /org/lists.debian.org/conf/ are due to my experiments
> > with *.rc file placement. How do I track down which file still has the wrong
> > path? (those files are now in /org/lists.debian.org/scripts/ directory)
>
> There is no easy way, but most of the perl files have variables for the
> configurations, so that should be esay to fix.

I've found that .mhonarc.db files had that hardcoded; so I searched for all
of those files and removed faulty path from them.