Re: About problems with wml

Hello Denis!  Good to see you back!  And I'm glad that you enjoyed your
vacation.  :-)

On Sun, Aug 27, 2000 at 03:45:28PM +0200, Denis Barbier wrote:
> About the bug with mp4h and some accented letters, it may be related to
> this entry in ChangeLog file ``Fix non-ASCII characters (26-Jun-2000):''.
> And indeed mp4h 1.1.0 is not affected by this bug.
> I will ask my sponsor to upload a new version.

Yes, I just noticed that Josip has already uploaded it to Incoming.
Unfortunately, it still has some troubles.  While mp4h won't stop like
it did in 1.0.2, it has filtered out the 0xB3 character on the Chinese
pages on the Debian website when I tested it on my computer.  Not sure
why 0xB3.  I just took a look on the mangled Chinese characters and see
what is missing, and it seems 0xB3 is the only one missing for now.

Yes, this problem only shows up when I do this in webwml/chinese:
	wml -p1-2 -q -D CUR_YEAR=2000 index.wml > /tmp/pass1-2

But 0xB3 chars remain intact when I do this:
	wml -p2 -q -D CUR_YEAR=2000 index.wml > /tmp/pass2

(i.e. it works fine when no templates are included).  Hmm... I wonder

Cheers,

Anthony

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling                Civil and Environmental Engineering
foka@ualberta.ca, foka@debian.org    University of Alberta, Canada