Re: potato release notes missing

On Fri, Aug 18, 2000 at 11:16:37PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 18, 2000 at 04:27:14PM -0400, Adam Di Carlo wrote:
> > > I disagree, it's useful, having directories without index.html is bad.
> >
> > I deny it is actually useful.  All of its information is more
> > completely and clearly stated at
> > http://www.debian.org/releases/potato/index.*.html.

I seem to have missed most of this discussion, so the following may not
be relevant.

Directories that are used as links should contain index.html as well as
index.*.html. This is because an available variant with no language extension
is displayed (index.html in this case) if no language can be agreed upon.
This is why all the index.html are symlinks on the web site,
   index.html -> index.en.html

> Redirections are done thought apache's httpd.conf files, right? If so, we
> can't do it, the mirrors won't have it.

The mirrors are a royal pain. They really tie our hands when it comes to
choosing how to implement things. Are they worth it? I'm not convinced.

--
James (Jay) Treacy
treacy@debian.org