Re: potato release notes missing

Josip Rodin <joy@cibalia.gkvk.hr> writes:

> I disagree, it's useful, having directories without index.html is bad.

I deny it is actually useful.  All of its information is more
completely and clearly stated at
http://www.debian.org/releases/potato/index.*.html.

Inaccurate and incomplete information (translations missing) is worse
than none.

> If we put that in webwml, that means creating one dir per architecture, with
> a Makefile and an index.wml file. Aside from the cruftiness issue :) the
> problem is that other arches will most probably get out of sync with i386.
> If they're generated from a single source, that's less likely to happen.

Actually, if this is solely for the web site, and you *really* want
this, then it would be quite easy to do it in WML without adding to
the maintenance burder, since it could share the same functions that
generate the documentation matrix on
http://www.debian.org/releases/potato/index.*.html.

Another alternative is to redir from someone try to do a dir listing
at http://www.debian.org/releases/potato/arch or
http://www.debian.org/releases/potato/arch/<arches> to
http://www.debian.org/releases/potato/.

Whatever the Debian WWW folks tell me to do I shall do.