Re: files in international/l10n take too long to process

On Sun, Jul 30, 2000 at 01:10:00AM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 28, 2000 at 12:06:34PM +0200, Denis Barbier wrote:
[...]
> > But indeed it is possible not to add this bogus sys/compat1.wml, e.g. by
> > adding these 2 lines on top of each file using define-container:
> >    $(WML1_IGNORE:*#)  $(WML1_IGNORE=#use)
> >    $(WML1_IGNORE:-#) wml::sys::compat1
> >
> > WML 1.7.4 silently ignores them, and WML 2.0.2 includes wml::sys::compat
> > which is included in this version. I do not know if it works with
> > WML<1.7.4, but i believe it does.
>
> Version 1.6.8 ignores it just as well, I just tried it on slink.

Cool :)

> > A better solution is to check whether define-container is defined,
> > but i did not yet have a working version.
>
> You mean, check in each file if <define-container> is used, and if yes use
> '-i wml::sys::compat1'? Considering how little files we have using it, I'd
> say let's modify files.

No, it is exactly the opposite :)
If <define-container> is not defined, call wml::sys::compat1.

These are only suggestions, you have to decide among these solutions
which one is best fitted for your needs and policy:
* add a bogus webwml/english/template/sys/compat1.wml and
  `-i wml::sys::compat1'' in the top-level .wmlrc
* add the 2 lines to provide conditional inclusion of wml::sys::compat1
  depending on interpretation of $(var=value)
* call wml::sys::compat1 when <define-container> is not defined
* define <define-container> when it is not defined

I do not have a working solution for the last 2 items, and i won't
search for one unless you tell me you want to implement one of them.

Denis