Re: Why Debian's webpages aren't DFGS-free ?

Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> I also don't entirely see how content falls under the social contract..
> That 'S' in DFSG stands for software after all!

Well, if you don't think the web site includes softtware, think again.

However, in the more general sense, some of us belive that free
documentation is just as important as free software. It's not all of debian,
but there's certianly a sizable contingent.

> AFAIK the reason content licenses are like this is primarily to prevent
> people from changing the content without changing the attribution (ie,
> would you like it if someone added a nasty paragraph to DWN and got it
> posted to /. with your name on it!?)

In case you aren't aware, the DFSG allows clauses that prevent this by
requiring the authors name be removed and/or that the name of the document
be changed.

--
see shy jo, in New York