Re: Why Debian's webpages aren't DFGS-free ?

On Wed, 2 Feb 2000, Joey Hess wrote:

> James A. Treacy wrote:
> > I don't care about this issue (got too many things going on at once). Come to
> > a consensus about what to do and someone do it.
>
> Well I hope _someone_ gives a damn about little things like our social
> contract!

Well, it seems to me the only thing needed is a clause allowing
modifiction once certain conditions are met (kinda like the TeX license).

I also don't entirely see how content falls under the social contract..
That 'S' in DFSG stands for software after all!

AFAIK the reason content licenses are like this is primarily to prevent
people from changing the content without changing the attribution (ie,
would you like it if someone added a nasty paragraph to DWN and got it
posted to /. with your name on it!?)

What ever became of those opencontent people? They were out to solve
things like this.

Jason