Re: please test the new package searching

On Wed, Jan 06, 1999 at 12:24:05PM -0800, Darren Benham wrote:
> I like it but I'm going to try to be critical:

Go ahead. Feedback needs to be honest.

> 1)  During search of packages, if you choose "All Packages" can the result be
> more specific about which releases a package was found in?  I searched for
> titrax and got two responses that looked identical to me.  No indication that
> it's "frozen" and "unstable"

Ok. I'm used to just peeking at the URL but I see how others would find this
useful, especially when using lynx.

> 2)  Is it possible (or is it unnecessary) to search "frozen" and "all" when
> doing a search for an executable/file?

As filenames tend not to change drastically from version to version of packages
I don't see the point of searching on 'all'. I guess 'frozen' could be added.
I have an aversion to adding 'frozen' simply because it means more work
whenever the state of the archive changes (frozen doesn't always exist so
it needs to be added and removed from the list every few months. Ugh).

Jay Treacy