broken link and wrong character set

Hi,
I've uploaded yesterday the index.wml in Arabic. Today, after checking
the first page of Debian's site, I noticed two things:
1) The link for the Arabic page exists and the page appears in English.
When we click on it to get index.ar.html we get an error message.
2) The link appears as messed up symbols. Since it was written in
ISO-8859-6 encoding and the page is entirely ISO-8859-1, is there any
way I would make the characters appear right or should I resign to
writing it in Latin characters?

Thank you,
Chahine