Re: caution about updating english/templates/debian

On Sun, Apr 25, 1999 at 10:15:48AM -0400, James A. Treacy wrote:
> I'd appreciate it if people were more careful about updating the
> files in english/templates/debian. Changes to most of those files
> cause all the web pages to be updated (this takes about 40 min),
> and means every page needs to be remirrored.

I see this as a design flaw in how the pages are constructed.  I've been
revising my Finnish translations in that dir, mostly touching things that
will in reality affect only *.fi.html.  If that indeed causes a rebuild
and a remirror in the whole tree (including all the other languages),
then there is a superfluous dependency somewhere (for example, having
in the same file things that affect only one language and things that
affect everything).

> If people find this inconvenient, I will have master exclude that
> directory from the daily update and update it manually occasionally.

This will just make it harder to revise translations.  Do it, if you must,
but I don't like either option.

                      Good Times are back again!
                  http://www.iki.fi/gaia/zangelding/