Re: Problem with wml/perl (was: Re: Installing the Chinese web pages)

On Fri, Apr 23, 1999 at 03:09:07AM -0400, James A. Treacy wrote:
> wml has a suggest on libgd-perl. It is needed if you have .gif images.
> Before anyone screams that we should get rid of all gifs:
>   1. You are free to convert them anytime
>   2. The official release of mozilla should give widespread enough support
>      of .png that we can switch to that.

I agree about getting rid of gifs. But I asked once before about the
possibility of starting a transition--we already use content
negotiation, right? My netscape 4.5 seems to support png, so why don't
we at least start providing it?

Mike Stone