Re: english/Makefile

On Tue, Jan 19, 1999 at 06:25:28PM +0100, Javier Fdz-Sanguino Pen~a wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 18, 1999 at 04:01:43PM -0500, James A. Treacy wrote:
> >
> > This then brings up another thing I've been wanting to do. I'd like to have a
> > single template directory that includes all the languages (every file would then
> > need to use slices to create the final output). This would allow us to make
> > changes to the template files and have every language get the updates automatically.
> > The holdup is that the italian translation hasn't been updated to the new Makefiles
> > and template style. :( All attempts to contact the translation coordinator have
> > gone unanswered.
> >
> > Jay Treacy
> >

> 	You could send this to the list (the templates) and receive answers
> from other coordinators. Currenlty I have sent all the security pages to one
> of the members of the spanish translation team (some weeks ago), and will
> receive the translation probably this month....

I received mail from the italian translation coordinator yesterday and he is
stepping down. I took this opportunity to convert the italian pages to the
new format. Of course, I introduced some errors in the translation in the
process. I have a lead on someone who should clean up the translation.

Thus, I am in a position to create sample template files that include all
the different languages. When they are done, I'll let people look at them
before they get installed.

There may be some issues with the japanese translation that need to be solved
before this is installed. It currently needs extra work to work with wml.
The author of wml is currently discussing this with the japanese translation
coordinator.

Jay Treacy