Re: english/Makefile

On Mon, Jan 18, 1999 at 10:03:31AM -0800, Darren Benham wrote:

> On 18-Jan-99 Michael Stone wrote:
> > Quoting Michael Stone (mstone@itri.loyola.edu):
> >> My local root-level index.html.en wasn't building properly (it didn't
> >> reflect changes to the security pages.) What I did was modify the
> >> top-level Makefile by copying the logic used to check the dependencies
> >> in the News directory. Let me know if that was incorrect.
> >
> > Ok. That doesn't seem to have worked. www.debian.org/'s list of latest
> > security alerts still doesn't match the one at www.debian.org/security/.
> > What am I missing?
> >
> Based on what I see from my system this morning (10:00 -8) the only difference
> is the inclusion of 1998 in the ./security/ page.  If that's what you're
> refering to, it takes two get_recent_list() commands to get two years... the
> index file, therefore, only has one...

On a related note:
I have been considering modifying get_recent_list to check the <year>-1 directory
(if it exists) for more entries if the current year doesn't have enough yet. This
would make the transition from year to year easier.

This then brings up another thing I've been wanting to do. I'd like to have a
single template directory that includes all the languages (every file would then
need to use slices to create the final output). This would allow us to make
changes to the template files and have every language get the updates automatically.
The holdup is that the italian translation hasn't been updated to the new Makefiles
and template style. :( All attempts to contact the translation coordinator have
gone unanswered.

Jay Treacy