Re: Better list archive search engine

> > We have alot of CPU power on master now, would it be possible to use it
> > for more enhanced queries somehow?
>
> Like what?

We really should have the entire site indexed under a single search engine.
Whatever it is needs to make it easy to limit the search to a single part
for customized searching, e.g. on the Lists-Archives page. Htdig, which
is currently used for the Packages section is too limited. Webglimpse
Has improved a lot since I last looked into it and may work. It would
probably be easier to maintain, though, if it didn't require files in
every directory as glimpse does. swish and harvest have also been
suggested, but I don't know anything about them.

Jay Treacy