Re: port pages

Jules Bean <jmlb2@hermes.cam.ac.uk> writes:

> Port-Page-Authors:  I'd like to see your pages moved to debian mirrors and
> converted into the house style.  I need you to tell me a) how much of your
> work I may use and b) How much you are prepared to/would like to help.

I'll help.  (I guess I'll have to do some research so I can figure out
how to update the Debian website)

I'd like to see a manual for people doing the porting projects as
well.

> Other notes:
>
> I have nothing on the MIPS port.  I have no idea what the 'java' port even
> is!  And I suspect that the debian-hurd project doesn't belong on this
> page anyway.

I don't believe the 'java' port exists.  There is a mailing list for
coordinating Java packages on Debian - perhaps that is the source of the
confusion.

The hurd project is definitely a port.  So is the cygwin port I intend
to get started on in a few weeks (but it's too early to make a webpage
for that yet).

Here is the current Debian GNU/Hurd webpage:

  http://master.debian.org/~brinkmd/hurd/

Cheers,

 - Jim