Re: finally some action on the content negotiation problems with apache

On Wed, Dec 30, 1998 at 11:41:58AM +0300, Michael Sobolev wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 29, 1998 at 10:55:48PM -0500, James A. Treacy wrote:
> > After months with no response, I finally got mail from someone at apache
> > about the bug I filed regarding problems with content negotiation.
> What problem are you talking about?

The content negotiation in apache doesn't return the correct document
under two circumstances:
 - when a browser does not send a header stating a preferred language
   apache will send back the file with the smallest size instead of
   using the LanguagePriority option.
 - When a browser sends the string '*' as the preferred language
   apache returns the file with the smallest size.

Hopefully, the new version will correct these problems.

Jay Treacy