Re: Space on master

Jason Gunthorpe writes:

> Hi all,
>
> We have a problem. The total size of the web site and FTP archive is about
> to exceed 8 gig. This is beyond the capacity of their current disk and we
> don't have space to split them across two disks.
>
> I would advise that we try to reduce the size of the website and maybe
> look at ways to slow the archive growth untill we can decide what to do.
> Depending on the length of the freeze we may require up to another 700M in
> space. At the current rate of growth I expect we will run out of space in
> approximately 1 week - I have no idea what to do at that point.
>
> It is likely we will have to purchase another disk, probably something in
> the 18G range :|

My mirror has the exact same problem :)

Though I have www and ftp on seperate disks, but both are only 100 meg or so
from filling, going to buy a 10 gig ide drive in a few days to keep the ftp
archive happy for bit. Maybe raid the new disk with the old to get to 18 gig
and hopefully keep things are bay for a while.

I'll be seriously worried about the amount of disk space a full mirror will
take when sparc and alpha get into the stable distribution.

Andew

--
Dehydration - 34%, Recollection of previous evening - 2%, embarrassment
factor - 91%.  Advise repair schedule:- off line for 36 hours, re-boot

Andrew Howell
Perth, Western Australia			       andrew@it.net.au