Re: Bugs pages

On Sat, Oct 17, 1998 at 08:24:45PM +0900, Keita Maehara wrote:
> Can't we translate the Bugs pages?
>
> Needless to say, we have no intention to translate huge number of bug
> reports themselves :-), but instructions for reporting a bug etc.

The Bug pages are handled by iwj and are handled completely seperately
from the rest of the web pages. iwj will need to be contacted about this.

I should add something about what should and shouldn't be translated.
Here is a list:
 News/: There appear to be some dependency problems. Should be fixed within
      a week or so.

 security/: Work has just begun on redoing this in a similar manner to the
      News/ directory.

 Bug pages: mentioned above.

 Lists-Archives: I'd like to take these over to make it easier for us
      to modify them and fix problems. So far Guy has not been amenable
      to this.

 doc/: Only index.wml should be translated directly. Most, if not all, of
      the documentation is generated from SGML. All of these should be put
      into CVS and a framework set up to make it easy to translate them.
      One problem that needs to be worked out is how to name them. Currently
      there is not provision for generating .html with language extensions.
      It is rather awkward to have to rename all the files when adding them
      to the web pages (not currently a problem since none of those pages
      are translated).

This reminds me of one other point. When translating pages, do not change the
format. There has already been one instance where a large page was broken into
a number of pages during translation.

Jay Treacy