unclear formulations in license_disc.wml

Hi,

in the course of tranlating intro/license_disc.wml to german I
found some sentences which were not that clear to me. I know the
document is still under development but perhaps it's only a
misunderstanding of some sort. As there is no author's address
(would be reasonable for a page under development) I write to
the whole list.

First one is in the good/bad part of GPL:

"Anyone who releases software using the GPL does not consider
these restrictions bad, because it prevents others from making
money off of their hard work while allowing others to use it."

I understand it like this: "Anyone who releases software using
the GPL does not consider these restrictions bad, because it
prevents others from making money off of their hard work while
not sharing their work with the public."

Second sentence is in the section "Some common mistakes in
self-written licenses" in "Requiring that all changes to the
software be reported to the author":

"History has shown that as long as development on the original
code doesn't stall branches only succeed if there are other
forces driving the split."

My understanding of this: "History has shown that stalled
branches from development of the original source only succeed if
there are other strong forces inside the project driving the
split."

Could please somebody make this clear. Either the formulations
or that I need some more english lessons (which I do anyway) :-).

Regrads,
Philipp