Re: Translation of licence.wml

On Sun, 16 Aug 1998, Jules Bean wrote:

> > Why? The ``rules'' in licence allow me to translate only if I don't change
> > the meaning, and anyway they say that the original (english) license is
> > the only valid.
>
> Not for legal reasons.  Simply for the benefit of your readers.  If you
> feel confident in your translations, then don't bother..

Sorry, I can't understand. Do you mean I have to add a disclaimer for the
benefit of my readers, and not for legal reasons?

Anyway, today I modify my traslation to mark it as a translation...if you
know italian you can see it (tomorrow morning) at

http://max.dei.unipd.it/debian.org/license     (Content Negotiation)

or

http://max.dei.unipd.it/~borto/debian.org/     (access to the single
                                                file).

The italian team has already translate about 20 pages...but I wait that
someother check them before a pubblic release (in these days here in Italy
all the people, but not me :(, are in holiday)

	Bye
		Giova

Giovanni Bortolozzo   <borto at dei.unipd.it>  or   <borto at shineline.it>
     Key fingerprint = F8 42 1F 72 A2 9D 00 A4  86 B1 95 6E AE F7 0F AF
       *** ITALIAN DOCS 4 LINUX : http://www.pluto.linux.it/ildp ***