Re: Is NPL DFSG complient or not?

On Wed, Aug 12, 1998 at 06:34:35PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:

>  Martin> If the NPL is not DFSG complient, I believe, we should state why we
>  Martin> don't consider it as DFSG complient.
>
> 	It is DFSG compliant.

Is it really?

I remember some incompatibilities with using GPL'ed and NPL'ed source code
together... but I don't have a copy of the NPL around to check.

The NPL is a very complicated license, and there are some "backdoors" for
netscape to use code in their server without being subject to the same
conditions as everyone else. OTOH, the GPL is very restrictive on what you
can do with the source.

Have we a case here were two dfsg-free licenses are incompatbile with each
other? This would be sad...

Thank you,
Marcus