Re: Debian web pages - what needs to be done

On Mon, 10 Aug 1998 treacy@debian.org wrote:

>    There should be pages specific to each port of Debian. There are
>    some available which can be linked in for the short term. Ideally
>    a framework will be created so that there is a similar look to each
>    ports pages. Once the framework is done, a person involved with each
>    port should take care of their section.

I will work on this, unless someone else would rather do it.  Certainly,
I'll contribute sparc content.

>    A few other people should recieve mail to webmaster. Maybe it should
>    simply be forwarded to debian-www.

Not -www, I don't think.  This list should be kept low bandwidth, so it
has useful archives.

I'll add one myself -

We should discuss the current Makefile system.  I'd be happier with a
system which made wml into html in the CVS tree (we would .cvsignore the
html files), and with a make install target to copy them out into a form
suitable for mirroring.  Images should also be in CVS.  Subdirectories
should be independent (containing their own makefiles).

Jules