Re: Current status of content negotiation

Hi!

> Content negotiation is the point you raised and the other thing that
> HAS to be done before we inflict this upon the world. None of the solutions
> to make the pages come up with a default language worked well enough, in my
> opinion, to warrant the extra work involved. Thus, any web server that doesn't
> implement content negotiation will not work.
>
> Here is the status of content negotiation on the different web mirrors:
>    www.debian.org      not set up (haven't bothered yet. I'm setting a bad example :)
>    www.at.debian.org   not working. I'll write to Georg.
Hmmm - what have i to do in my apache configuration ?
I have actually the following in it:

AddLanguage en .en
AddLanguage fr .fr
AddLanguage de .de
AddLanguage da .da
AddLanguage el .el
AddLanguage it .it

LanguagePriority en fr de

What do I have to write in it?

> Great. Any pages already translated will speed things up later.
If you want, I can translate some pages to the German language.
- My German is much better then my English 8-)

> Some examples might help for those unfamiliar with this.
> LanguagePriority is the language variable in apache. preferred_language
> can be (optionally) passed by a web browser.
- please tell me, what i have to write in my srm.conf (or so)

Georg

 ---      Georg Hitsch    ---
 --- mail: georg@atnet.at ---
 --- nic:   gh231-ripe    ---