Re: content negotiation for language in web pages

> 	I am somehow reluctant to believe that CN will bring that
> 	much trouble for anyone. We are propably ignoring anyone who
> 	doesn't run apache, but that's the minority;)

I don't think anyone will object. It's simply getting their attention
long enough to get them to make the (trivial) change. Most of the people
running the web mirrors are running quite large sites and are busy. I know
I don't always voice the reasons behind some of the opinions I have
given during this topic, but they come from experience of running
a distributed project like this for a while. Having to rely on
other people to do work that you could do in a matter of minutes
is often quite frustrating (to be fair, there are simple things others
have wanted me to do that I took a while to get around to).

> 	I must say I am quite amazed that debian has only 9 mirrors.
> 	I personally would have made one but I am unable to reserve
> 	an IP for it -- any thoughts when the world will be HTTP/1.1
> 	enough to allow pure virtual hosts?

You need to be careful here. We only have 9 official web mirrors. Official
here is meant to refer to mirrors that are listed directly on the web pages.
I also suspect there are some unofficial web mirrors out there. There are
quite a large number of ftp mirrors.

- Jay