Re: content negotiation for language in web pages

On Wed, Feb 04, 1998 at 03:11:54PM -0500, James A.Treacy wrote:
> As I suspected when I started this discussion about content negotiation,
> it is not proving easy to get all the mirrors to switch to using it.
> It isn't that anyone has refused, it's just that I've only received 3
> I'll send more mail.
>
> If we can get responses from the rest of the mirrors, going with pure
> content negotiation is the way I'd like to go. If not, we'll have to
> settle with the compromise we've come up with. I'm not completely
> happy with it (it's too much of a kludge for my taste), but it would
> work without ruining most of the mirrors.

	I am somehow reluctant to believe that CN will bring that
	much trouble for anyone. We are propably ignoring anyone who
	doesn't run apache, but that's the minority;)

	I must say I am quite amazed that debian has only 9 mirrors.
	I personally would have made one but I am unable to reserve
	an IP for it -- any thoughts when the world will be HTTP/1.1
	enough to allow pure virtual hosts?
--
tv-nospam-sig-1@hq.yok.utu.fi - it's a valid address w/o spam | +358-50-5124907
f u cn rd ths, thn u cn rd perl 2 | rm -rf / && echo bye-bye. |           --tv