Re: New 'About Debian' for the web pages

Sue Campbell writes:
> I wasn't completely happy with the old 'About Debian'. I like the
> new one even less so I created an even newer one. Check it out at
>     http://cgi.debian.org/www-master/debian.org/about_new.html
> I figured mostly newbies would be reading
> it so I toned it down a bit and gave more background information.
>
> Comments and suggestions appreciated. If there aren't any major
> complaints I'll put it as the default in a few days.

Thanks Sue.  You have mentioned "Free? But the CDs cost money."
You should also mention that free is used in the sense of freedom
and not free beer (quote Richard Stallman :-), take a look at
www.fsf.org.

Also you should mention that there are about 200 developers working
in their spare time, letting other people benefit from the effords.

Just my $0.02

Regards

	Joey

 / Germany.Net ist vergleichbar mit einem Telefon                /
/          ohne Waehlscheibe und Klingel... -- Lutz Donnerhacke /