Re: in re irc.debian.org

Dear Debian Webmasters,

Please list LISC as a contributor if internet services as you do our
web and ftp site sponsors, per the attached message.

Are there instructions on the web regarding how to join the Debian

> From: "lilo" <lilo@linpeople.org>
> Date: Mon, 15 Sep 1997 13:20:55 -0500 (CDT)
> To: Bruce Pixar <bruce@pixar.com>
> Subject: in re irc.debian.org
> Bruce,
> As your probably aware, Johnie Ingram and Tim Sailer recently pointed DNS
> for irc.debian.org to the Linux Internet Support Cooperative's
> irc.linpeople.org root server.  LISC runs a Linux support channel, #natter,
> for general users, and provides a home to the #Mnemonic channel used by the
> developers in the Mnemonic browser project, in addition to supporting a
> #debian channel which has been used for discussion by the following Debian
> developers, many of whom we see on a regular (i.e., daily) basis:
>         IRC Nick    RealName
>         ----------  ----------------------
>         Anthony     Anthony Fok
>         borik       Borik Beletsky
>         Cevad       Dave Cook
>         o-o         Christoph Lameter
>         gorgo       Gergely Madarasz
>         Culus       Jason Gunthorpe
>         Elf         Vadik V. Vygonets
>         igor        Igor Grobman
>         irc         Vincent Renardias
>         james       James Troup
>         JHM         J.H.M. Dassen (Ray)
>         jim         Jim Lynch
>         Joey        Martin Schulze
>         joeyh       Joey Hess
>         Myxie       Giuliano P Procida
>         netgod      Johnie Ingram
>         tolonuga    Andreas Jellinghaus
>         nick        Nicholas Lichtmaier
>         shaya       Shaya Potter
>         SysAdmin    Tim Sailer
> LISC is an informal organization and our charter is to provide gratis online
> facilities for the Linux community and related projects.  We do supervise
> the operation of the IRC channels we run (#LinPeople, #natter, #help, etc.),
> but our policy is that, barring problems with illegal activity and hacker
> interference with servers, we exert no editorial influence over client
> channels.  We've been pleased to provide a channel for debian.org.
> Since we're in the process of publicizing our services a bit more to the
> Linux community, I wanted to check with you and find out if you want to
> consider our connection with you as a service provider to be an official
> one.  We'd be pleased to consider it so, as it would help us publicize our
> service and enable us to publicize your forum a bit more.  We would
> specifically disavow any editorial control over the interactions on #debian,
> and simply note that the service is available to Debian developers and the
> Linux community, on our servers.
> Please let me know what you think.  Your sanctioning of our efforts would
> help us continue to expand our services to the Linux community, as well as
> giving Debian's channel broader access.  We welcome the opportunity to
> provide flexible support for your online communication needs.
> Sincerely yours,
> lilo <lilo@linpeople.org>
> proprietor, LISC
Can you get your operating system fixed when you need it?
Linux - the supportable operating system. http://www.debian.org/support.html
Bruce Perens K6BP   bruce@debian.org   NEW PHONE NUMBER: 510-620-3502

debian-www-request@lists.debian.org .