Re: Translated docs

Enrique Zanardi <ezanardi@noah.dfis.ull.es> writes:

> > no, please don't create new directories for new languages! The apache
> > server is able to give back web pages in the language the browser
> > requests. This mechanism is called "content negotiation". We should
> > use this mechanism, because it won't break server using other httpds,
> > but is very usefull for those who are using apache. Please have a look
> > at the apache doc.

> I know about Apache's "content negotiation" but, how do we write the
> webpages to make it easy for other httpds to provide the translated ones?
> We try to be server-independent, don't we?

yes, we do ;-)

I think that we should provide links that work manually and use
"content negotiation" in addition.

Example:

index.html    - englisch index
index.de.html - german index

Each file reference each other manually:

in index.html:

and in index.de.html

The automatic one is done via the extra type-map:

URI: index.html

URI: index.de.html

The usage of this file has to be enable explicitly by the web server
admin (one for the whole mecanism).

Bye
  Christian

--