Re: Newbie to Debian looking for a mentor

On 11/1/21, M de Blanc <deblanc@riseup.net> wrote:
> I think the Mentors Program as a formal thing is not happening right
> now. Someone might be interested in doing something a little less
> formally though?
>
> You can also check out our participation in Google Summer of Code
> (https://wiki.debian.org/SummerOfCode2021) and Outreachy
> (https://www.outreachy.org/) if you're looking for a more formal
> internship style mentorship. Both programs should be starting up for
> Summer 2022 in a few months.
>
> It might not be what you want, but if there is a particular team you're
> interested in, reaching out to that list and saying you're interested in
> contribution and mentorship might be helpful.
>
> Please, everyone, if I said anything factually incorrect, feel free to
> correct it.

There's a reasonably active Mentors mailing list that might be of interest:

https://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/

It's very busy with bug chatter right now. The last week or so is
probably about the busiest I've ever seen them.

The following is one place they suggest when newcomers inquire:

https://mentors.debian.net/intro-maintainers/

Maybe some of where that points to will be of interest, too.

Have fun!

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey