What do you think of Tolvalds words about FOSS needing more people good at mediating instead of calming tone and attitude?

Hi,

I just happened to find this interview to Torvalds [1], after what
happened in his keynote speech at the Linux.conf.au Conference in
Auckland, New Zealand [2]. He doesn't really say too much that we
don't already know, but I wanted to quote the last sentence in the
article and ask what other people thought about it:

"Torvalds said that the open source movement might simply need more
"people who are good at mediating," as opposed to asking developers to
calm their own tone or attitude."

Greetings,
Miry

[1] http://arstechnica.com/business/2015/01/linus-torvalds-responds-to-ars-about-diversity-niceness-in-open-source/