Re: Debian and Politeness

2013/5/27 Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com>:
> On Monday 20 May 2013 09:33:06 Miriam Ruiz wrote:
>> Free Software is about meritocracy and elitism
>
> I have been unhappy with this since I first read it, and had held off saying
> anything while I pondered.

Just for the record, and to avoid misinterpretations, I was just
trying to be descriptive in my email, I didn't say I was happy with
that, I was just describing what I see.

Of course, you might not agree with me, and your perception might be
totally different. If any of you are not perceiving the FLOSS social
environment around you as technically elitist, feel free to say it,
I'd be really happy to hear it. It might just be me.

My personal opinion is that for changing things, we have to be able to
acknowledge what's truly happening, and start moving from there. I
didn't say I was fully happy with the reality, in fact I'm not, and,
while I realize that some level of meritocracy is positive, my opinion
is that politeness, inclusiveness and human values are too.

Greetings,
Miry