RE: Debian and Politeness

Hej Mathieu,

Also, too: the way I understood it is possibly or amongst other things as a reference to an article published in New Media & Society which was mentioned on this list I think a few months ago. The article (whose exact title and author evades me right now but I could produce it if required) said that while FOSS is _supposed_ to be purely meritocratic a case could be made that arguments are won not just on the merits but also because of the more or less vehement / aggressive style of the communication. So meritocracy was said to be inflected by traditional male communicational values (prove your worth through verbal jousting etc).

I do get that as well!
Thanks for your answer.

Angela

--