Re: Debian participation into GNOME Outreach Program for Women

On Wed, Apr 03, 2013 at 12:13:30AM +0200, Mònica Ramírez Arceda wrote:
> As we have more opinions I think we can go for it! Stefano: I'm sorry
> because my mail has delayed everything, but I think the discussion was
> worth it.

No worries, it was a legitimate concern and stimulated a useful
discussion, imho.

> Candidates: as Lucas said, I agree the candidates should be new to
> Debian because if not Debian would be paying a contributor.

ACK.

> - Landing page: It's done here:
> http://wiki.debian.org/OutreachProgramForWomen

Looks good to me, thanks for preparing it.

> - Non-GSoc projects: I think we have only one offer, but it's not still
> ready (I haven't added it yet to the landing plane). We'll ask for more
> projects when announcing Debian's participation in the OPW.

Just a thought: it might be interesting not to tie internship proposals
to *this round* of OPW participation. After all, we might end up having
internships that are not picked up, and that people might be interested
in doing in the future, even if they're not paid via the OPW program.
More generally, having a maintained list of open internships, with
mentors, in Debian, could be a pretty useful offspring of OPW
participation.

If you agree with that, I suggest listing non-coding tasks in a new
wiki.d.o/Internship page and link it from OPW landing page as you
already did for the GSoC idea list.

I'm fine with everything else you proposed (and I'm personally both on
-women and on -soc-coordination).

Cheers.
Debian Project Leader . . . . . . @zack on identi.ca . . o o o . . . o .