Re: Debian participation into GNOME Outreach Program for Women

On Tue, Apr 02, 2013 at 03:11:42PM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> (2) GSoC
> admins are OK with asking mentors to direct the 500 USD per project to
> the OPW earmark). Otherwise, I'll be happy to pre-approve covering up
> what remains on general Debian funds.

The money is given to the mentoring organization, not to the mentors.
In Debian several years we have directed the money to the mentors because
it was what was done the previous year, but there isn't any obligation to
do so.
I don't know this year because I have looked at the project list quickly,
but last year we also had projects with a couple of co-mentors, so in the
case we would have decided splitting the money, it would have been difficult
to find a fair way.

Ana