Re: Thinking of organising a special mini-debconf

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 15, 2013 at 7:57 AM, Margarita Manterola <margamanterola@gmail.com> wrote:
Hey all,

After discussing the women in Debian issue with many people here in
DebConf, I've been thinking that it would be a nice idea to organise a
mini-debconf where all the speakers are women.  This would be a
mini-debconf targeted to everyone, like other mini-debconf, with only
this specific difference about the speakers.

Great idea!

This is currently a dream, but I'd like to be able to turn this into
reality, *this year*.  What do people think?  We think that this would
be really cool to get more people to notice that women in Debian are
not just "accompanying" (a common concern for women here). Also, I
want to encourage more women to speak because I know that it gives a
big sense of accomplishment afterwards.

I think is possible, but, I have many question about this:
- The mini-debconf  will be international? or local (country)?
In international case, what country? And in the local case, What happen with countries that haven't womens interesting in Debian?

--
Besos,
Marga