Re: Translating "Debian Women"

Hola,

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 8:31 AM, Christian PERRIER <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
> But, of course, this is likely to vary depending on different social
> conventions (for Spanish, don't forget to take into account possible
> differences in social conventions between Spain and latin America).

Indeed.  But as Jordi mentioned, you can argue the same about French
in France vs Belgium vs Canada, etc.
I think "tu" in French is used more "easily" outside France.

I agree with Gregor (IMHO: Using the female-only form in a Debian
_Women_ context sounds
perfectly fine to me.)

You can start with a disclaimer (à la "we are using feminine forms for
generality and convenience and don't mean to discriminate against
anyone" just like administrations here in Québec do about masculine
forms).  Then write the body of texts all in feminine form.  It should
be fine.

Marianne