Re: New round of IRC sessions

On Thu, Jun 09, 2011 at 11:02:45AM +0200, Mònica Ramírez Arceda wrote:
> El dc 08 de 06 de 2011 a les 23:46 +0200, en/na Francesca Ciceri va
> escriure:
> > Hi all,
> > I'm finally organizing the new round of IRC sessions: the schedule isn't
> > yet defined, as I'm waiting for answers from people I've contacted, but
> > I'd like to share with you the progress on the organization.
>
> I was missing these irc sessions. Count on me!
>
> > After a chat with zack, we've decided to use - for the IRC sessions - a
> > specific channel (#debian-meeting) mostly because using a specific
> > channel for sessions (a channel already existing,
> > btw) could help in encourage people to organize sessions and meetings on
> > it: let's say that someone would like to know more about a
> > debian-specific topic, then she/he could simply search for an expert on
> > that topic and ask her/him for a irc session. The idea is to create
> > something like ubuntu classrooms or ubuntu developer's week.
> >
> > The sessions will start on Friday 10th at 19:00 UTC with "Ask the DPL",
> > which is for now the only session confirmed.
> > The hour was chosen trying to fit most timezones possible.
>
> So, tomorrow! I'll be there :-)
>
> Mònica
>
> PS: Congratulations again, you'll be a great DD!

We have decided to postpone the session, to have the time to promote adequately them,
so, we will probably start next week (but I'm not sure when nor with
which session, probably with "One day with Perl Team") and the "Ask the
DPL" one will be held on Wednesday 23th June at 19:00 UTC.

But it will be great to work again with you Mònica!

Cheers,
Francesca

ps: I've created a page for the channel (and with the schedule) on
http://wiki.debian.org/IRC/debian-meeting

pps:Thank you for the congrats \o/

--
<taffit> eof: when I want something | "Convince people with results,
done quickly, I don't wait for      |  rather than words"