Re: Fwd: Request to Join Project Debian Women

Good to know this things. I'll remain admin, no problem.

Thank you for your quick answer,
Karolina

On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 00:51, Erinn Clark <erinn@debian.org> wrote:
* Karolina Kalic <karolina@resenje.org> [2011:04:30 00:38 +0200]:
> I've received this request, but I'm not sure what to do. Not technically,
> but I don't who is making the decisions about this kind of stuff.

Some general instructions for the benefit of others who may be confused are
probably in order then. :)

I (and others) generally make most of the women who sign up for the alioth
group an admin so they can approve requests like this one. Basically, for
anyone who gets this kind of request:

- if it's not someone you know or you don't feel comfortable approving them, do
 nothing
- if it is someone you know and trust, feel free to approve them
- if it is someone you explicitly do not trust, email someone -- probably me,
 Ana, Marga, Helen, Miriam, or really anyone listed as an 'admin' has the
 authority to deliberate / decide about this

Some people are quicker to check these requests than others so there is a high
chance that by the time you login to take action, someone else has already done
it. (I checked about 5 minutes after getting the email and Ana had already
approved the request.)

If you don't want to get these kinds of emails or be an admin, feel free to let
one of the aforementioned women know and we'll give you another role that
doesn't receive the requests.