Re: Questions and comments regarding Debian Women

On Thu, 2011-04-21 at 19:55 -0500, Jordi Gutiérrez Hermoso wrote:
> On 21 April 2011 19:48, Erinn Clark <erinn@debian.org> wrote:
> > You can help by stepping aside.
>
> Alright, I wanted to help somehow, thanks for pointing out the best way.

Hi all,

my 2 cents: I understand Erinn's point of view, and also think that more
men in DW who work on technical aspects are not exactly what DW want to
achieve. However I also think that it's not nice to plain tell "Step
aside, because you're a man".

Jordi, why don't you find a girl among your Debian friends, who can
apply for this task - so that you will still actively help DW?
I think that this will also help realising how many women are present in
your peer programmers' group, and talk about what could be the reasons,
and what we can do to improve the situation.

What do you all think about this?

cheers,
Anne