Re: DebConf11

Hi all,

On 21/01/11 6:07 AM, Valentina wrote:
> Hi ,
>
> I would like to aks is anybody coming to DebConf 11? Debian Conference is the
> annual Debian developers meeting, an event filled with coding parties,
> discussions and workshops - all of them highly technical in nature will be held
> in, Banja Luka, Bosnia and Herzegovina, from *24th to 30th July 2011*.

I won't be coming (among other reasons, we are expecting to have a newborn baby
in the family then :) ), but I wanted to point out to those of you who might not
read the debian-devel-announce mailing list that the Debconf organisers are
looking for helpers [1] and you don't need to be a DD or anything to get
involved.  It can be a great way to get involved with Debian.

> P.S. I am not a developer, but I still learning Debian and trying to help to
> popularise a Debian women projects (at first here in Croatia)...:-).

That sounds like an excellent project, Valentina.  I hope it goes well and if
you need suggestions or ideas, people on this mailing list have plenty of
experience at that kind of thing.

Helen

1.  http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2011/01/msg00004.html