Re: Slides about Women in Free Software

2011/1/12 Amaya <amaya@debian.org>:
> Hi Miriam,
>
> I finally had a chance to look at your slides. Wow.
> I found concepts there that are amazing, I learned so much.
> I specially loved the Meritocracy Myth, and the Byrne scale (the way
> gender imbalance is perceived by each gender).
>
> I want to beg you to blog about this concepts. Slides are fun, but
> sometimes a lot of "explaining" is missing, just the highlight of deeper
> explanations, and I'd like to hear more on these topics.

I should blog more, in general, I guess, but I'll try to write
something about all those things. If it is interesting, we could even
think of planning a BoF or workshop or something for next DebConf.

> Miriam Ruiz wrote:
>> [3] http://www.slideshare.net/inniyah/women-in-free-software-musac-len-2010
>> (English)
>
> I read the slides in English and found several minor typos as in using
> "now" instead of "know". Unfortunately I hate office suits, but i would
> be happy to send you a txt patch :))))

Thanks!!! I would be glad if you could send me the patch in whatever
format you choose, I'll take care of that :)

> Also, some of the graphs render very pixeled, or not at all (page 42,
> "what men think" does not show at all). Maybe it is just the pdf, I have
> not looked at the odt file yet.

Yup, probably the export to PDF might get some suboptimal results.

> Anyway, this slides should not be buried in the Internet, please make an
> html version of them so that they can get properly indexed or browsed
> online :*

I might try to convert it to HTML if that's possible from ODP files.
I'll investigate into that :)

> Thanks, this was the finding of the year for me :)
> (I know it's only January yet).

Thanks!!

Kisses,
Miry