Re: current status and HOWTO help with the women.d.o website

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 6:28 AM, Ana Guerrero <ana@debian.org> wrote:

> the wiki
> ---------
> The Debian Women wiki has been removed, it was not widely used but it contained
> some howto and tutorials in several languages. All this stuff should be copied
> to wiki.debian.org.
> I have a dump of it and it contains almost 3000 pages, being most of them
> unsurprisingly spam. I need help sorting it and copying the valuable stuff
> to wiki.debian.org. It is a time consuming job but it is easier to do, if
> you want to help tell me!

I'm one of the wiki.d.o admins (along with Erinn Clark and Franklin
Piat). IIRC the women.d.o wiki was using moinmoin like wiki.d.o, so if
you would like we can directly import all (or some of) the pages
(including their history) and merge the user databases. I probably
don't have time to help sort out the spam though.

I'd like to see some of those pages moved into debian-policy/devref,
the maintainer scripts page for example is extremely useful and it
would be great to see that in policy.

--
bye,
pabs