Re: problems with KDE/KMail

2008/12/24 Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com>:
> current set-up:
> Debian Lenny
> KDE 3.5.10
> KMail 1.9.9
>
> KMail has been broken (i.e. unusable) since the upgrade to 3.5.10 from 3.5.9.
> I have been waiting patiently for an upgrade to fix this, but in spite of two
> occasions when a large number of KDE updates were applied, the situation has
> if anything deteriorated.
>

> I have attempted to purge and install KMail with the following result (0),

> (0)
[snip]
> The following packages are BROKEN:
>  kdepim kmailcvt
> The following packages will be REMOVED:
>  kmail{p}

To answer my own question, when I googled for the third time, I
obviously finally asked the right question.  (Sorry to have asked the
wrong ones before. :-(  ).

A large number of packages, which includes kdepim, kmailcvt and kmail
itself, is still the KDE 3.5.9 version, while many of the libraries
are already KDE 3.5.10.

So I just have to wait a little more patiently, and hopefully all will be well.

Lisi