Re: "Debian women may leave due to 'sexist' post"

2008/12/22 Peter Tuhársky <tuharsky@misbb.sk>:

> Saying that, I'm glad there are women in Debian community, although I don't
> fully understand their effort to maintain a special "Debian Women"
> community. There is no "Debian Men" community I know of, and probably noone
> find enough time or reasons worthy of the efforts to create it.

It is a common misunderstanding that the situation of women's rights
and women's communities is symmetrical to men. That if there is a
feminist movemement, there should also be a masculist movement.

I think this is a pretty good analysis of why we do not (or perhaps
do) need a masculist movement:

     http://everything2.com/e2node/Men's+Rights+Movement

My own thoughts on the matter and other matters like this are voiced
here, under my nom-de-guerre "Swap":

     http://everything2.com/e2node/different+but+equal

Cheers,
- Jordi G. H.